Thursday, February 03, 2011

Friend


One soldier said to his commander, "My friend isn’t back from the battlefield, Sir.. So i request permission to go out and get him, please..."
"No soldier, permission refused,” said the commander. "I don’t want you to risk your life for a man who is probably dead.."
The soldier was silent, disappointed, in the end he decided to stay away furtively.. And an hour later came back ragged, mortally wounded, carrying the corpse of his friend..

Commander was furious when he saw his arrival, "I told you he was dead.. See your wound, now I will lost you both!! Tell me soldier; was it worth going out there to bring in a corpse?"
The dying soldier replied, "Oh sure, it was, sir... When I got to him he was still alive. And he said to me, "friend, I was sure you’d come..""

If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend.
-Anonymous-

No comments:

Post a Comment