Thursday, May 21, 2009

Letting Go..


Almost a year have passed, but I'm still picking up the pieces
I gave you my whole heart, I found it shattered
I hate myself. I hate myself for holding on to what I even know isn't mine
I wish I could undo all the things that I've done wrong before
But the damage has been done, irreversible

Maybe I hurt you before, and I'm sorry for that
I'm not trying to get you back
I just want you to know that I never hated you for not loving me back

We've said goodbye so many times before
But it's time to face the truth that I will never be with you
Now I have this feeling that I will never see you again
I know I can't let go of this emotion that easily
But I'm trying

And I'm sorry it took me this long but I'm working on it
I still love you, and probably will love you for a very long time
We will not forget someone we loved. We may want to but we can't

Someday I'll laugh at myself for realizing that I've actually written this
But there will always be you at the back of my mind even if someone helped me out put my heart back together

No comments:

Post a Comment